Ybridge is an innovative, flexible, and sustainable platform that seeks to amplify the voice of young people through political and civic engagement using the internet.
Ybridge enables young people to discuss societal and political issues in a non-partisan manner to influence decision-making processes.
Young people have and can collectively form opinions which might help them to get involved with issues of concern to them by registering on the participation platform here
Ybridge aims to be a pioneer project for online participation in local governance for youth in Ghana. The platform is open and freely accessible to all Ghanaian youth to discuss issues of governance and development at the district level in a non-partisan manner. For this pilot phase, youth from the following four District Assemblies will be supported to engage local authorities with proposals put forward on the platform and encourage youth groups in other districts to do same:
- Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolitan Area in the Western region
- Gomoa West District in the Central Region
- Accra Metropolitan Area in the Greater Accra region
- Asuogyaman District in the Eastern region
With the help of an integrated calendar, all participation projects and online discussions can also be timed and synchronised with offline events such as public hearings, community and assembly meetings etc.
Ybridge is open to every District Assembly that wants to use web-based tools to include young people in their decision-making processes and local development activities.
How to join Ybridge
1. Sign up on ybridge by clicking “register” on ybridge.ypart.eu. Enter your desired username, your e-mail address, and a password. You will receive an email with a validation link you need to click on to authentic registration.
2. Join the group by clicking on instances in the menu bar and select the Youth Bridge Foundation. Please click the join button above and experience Ybridge.
3. Take part On Ybridge by discussing issues of governance and development in your community, comment on proposals from other users, make proposals to your District Assembly, and vote on proposals made. Any registered member can be the initiator of a proposal for discussion or contribute in shaping proposals made by other users through constructive comments on the platform.